26-27 September, 2018
Institute of Business Management, Karachi
The First Shahjehan S. Karim Social Entrepreneurship Conference (SSKSEC 2018) is a two-day conference that brings together scholars, researchers, students and practitioners to discuss emerging concepts and explore topics in social enterprise, innovation, sustainability and impact. The conference, the largest academic gathering of its kind in terms of research paper submissions, is dedicated to the ongoing development of theory and research on social entrepreneurship and its impact on global communities.
SSKISEC aims to connect potential social entrepreneurs with academicians, advisors, incubators, successful social entrepreneurs and leaders, investors, donors, CSR personnel of companies and banks and civil sector organizations to help create sustainable social enterprises that may bring an impactful and long term social revolution in Pakistan.
We also aim to encourage students to be a part of this great social revolution in the country and contribute to the change in social sector dynamics of Pakistan through sustainable social startups in the areas of education, health, environment, and poverty & violence alleviation.
The conference, scheduled to be held on September 26-27, 2018, will revolve around the theme of ‘considering impactful solutions’ and will discuss the following:
- Building a Social Enterprise: Role of Government/Regulators, Forming a problem statement and designing a social enterprise and role of social incubators.
- Innovative Solutions- Agents of change, each in the areas of education, health, environment and women empowerment.
- Impact Investing- Funding a Social Entrepreneurship
Conceptual, qualitative and quantitative submissions are encouraged. Submissions may be in the form of case studies or research papers. Following are several research suggestions that may be interesting, although abstracts that address other relevant and timely themes of social entrepreneurship are also welcome:
- Social entrepreneurship development process
- Organizational forms of social enterprises
- Challenges of scaling and measuring social impact
- Emerging themes in social entrepreneurship education, health, violence, poverty alleviation and environment
- Can social enterprise be profitable?
- Cross-cultural comparative studies in social entrepreneurship
- Research challenges in social entrepreneurship
- Sustainability issues in social enterprise
- Government's role in social enterprise development
- Interactive talk (paper presentation)
- Panel discussion
- Case studies
- Poster/Project Exhibition
Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference program book. We also provide scholars the opportunity to publish their papers in HEC recognized journals, including International Journal of Experiential Learning and Case Studies, Pakistan Business Review, Journal of Education and Educational Development. Selected papers from each track will receive the best paper award.